Some pretty funny packaging! February 12, 2010
This is pretty hilarious , check it out!
The Olympic 2018 Winter games will be held in… Anchorage, Alaska January 26, 2010
For the 2018 Winter games I chose Anchorage, Alaska.
Some facts about Anchorage:
- Anchorage has a population of 277,000. It is Alaska’s largest city with 42 percent of the state’s population.
- You can see the Chugach, Kenai, Talkeetna, Tordrillo, Aleutian and Alaska mountain ranges from Anchorage.
- On a clear day you can see Mount McKinley. This 20,320-foot peak is the tallest mountain in North America.
- There are approximately 100,000 glaciers in Alaska, 60 of which are within 50 miles of Anchorage.
- English explorer Captain James Cook is credited with first exploring and describing the Anchorage area in 1778during his third voyage of discovery.
- “Alaska Natives, who make up 15 percent of the state’s population, maintain many traditions, such as whaling, subsistence hunting and fishing, and old ways of making crafts and art.”
- Alaska has never hosted the Olympic games before.
- You can find a lot of gold here